The very first thing I found is.... yes, a SPLASH PAGE. Let it be clear: in our world driven by search engines and impatient web users, there is NO use for a splash page. It is outdated.
A splash page is that graphic home page that resembles the cover of a brochure.
- Search engines do not read graphics
- A home page is the most valuable online real estate on a site - for a user and for a search engine
- I and millions like me, have no patience for an unnecessary click - which is what it takes to get past the curtain to the show
- A splash page is guaranteed to chase at least 50% of traffic to the site away.
And while I am ranting about the really bad website, some other thoughts:
- Use standard font styles and sizes for headings, content, captions and links.
- For goodness sake, don't say "Coming Soon" While you write your content, think of at least one useful sentence to put there in the mean time - even if it is only your contact information.