In essence a corporate blog is an opportunity to connect with a reader community or customers and strengthen their relationship with the brand - PR at the click of a mouse.
A recent article by Likeable Media called Corporate Blogs Done Right, highlights these elements as keys to blogging success:
- Have multiple writers like Kodak to bring many different perspectives to your blog.
- Be true to your brand through the blog design, language and style and by reaching out to readers with useful tips and information like Southwest Airlines.
- Collate the helpful voices of a user community such as Wordpress does in its blog, thereby giving users a forum.
- Create a community by sharing not only information about products but also about a company's values and those things it holds dear like Wholefoods.
- Open the doors of your company to the world by showcasing your unique culture and employees at work like Zappos do in their "Family Blog".